Age Track: 0 - 1
A guide to your child's first year
Welcome to the world!
You | treasure basket | nursery rhymes | first books | crawling
- Gross motor skills for rolling, sitting, crawling and standing
- Hearing and making sounds
Believing in the fourth trimester
Object permanence - one of your baby's first great cognitive leaps
RIE parenting essentials
What is childhood?
Toys for 0 - 1 year-olds
Toys play a key part in developing essential skills for school and beyond. They don't need to be fancy. In fact, the best ones are simple toys that stimulate your child's creativity and imagination
We have spent the last five years scouring the world for the best educational toys, tried and tested over time, and now loved by all our customers.
mobile | baby gym | mirror | rattle | ball | play mat
Choose your favourite, or go with our bundle for 0 - 1 year-olds, available here.
Activities for 0 - 1 year-olds
As much as we love toys, there are hundreds of free activities you can do with your child at home. Most of them require only what you're likely to have in the cupboard (or garden!) anyway.
Things like den-making, play food and a good old fashioned mud kitchen allow children to develop their innate creativity, make do with what's around, and take initiative to entertain themselves and learn.
Check out our free activities below, or see our Parent's Corner for tried and tested activities discussed by our customers.
More age tracks:
1 - 2 Years
2 - 3 Years
3 - 4 Years
4 - 5 Years
About 100 Toys
- We are an independent resource for parents. Learn with us or choose your own way
- Our much-loved toys are handpicked for their role in your child's development
- Discover free activities to do with your child to help them grow
- Developed by early years specialists and proud parents
[Button] More about One Hundred Toys